Friday, November 22, 2013

A few more safari pictures

 Baboons are kind of awkward creatures 
This was the big mamma giraffe. She was so cool! I wish we could have watched them for longer.
 They call this a "Jesus bird" because it walks on water haha!
 Hippo soup
so close! 
This guy couldn't decide if he was going to charge our boat or not ;)
 The elephants walked in a line right past our boat, I felt like I was in the Jungle Book. This is not zoomed.
Annnnd of course Dane had to get a picture of the dung beetle..
 The crocodile we saw on our sunset cruise. Dane took this one from the boat and I'm pretty sure it wasn't zoomed- yikes
We learned that warthogs have to bend on their knees or "pray" according to our guide when they eat because their necks are too  short hehe

Enjoying the view after hiking at Victoria Falls

Daner resting on the rocks.It was SO humid and hot that day
 Dane wanted to go to the crocodile farm after we left the falls so we went and saw this 80-year old croc. He was about 4 feet wide and really long. The biggest croc we've ever seen!
Annnd just for fun I thought I would show you what it's like to cook with the electricity out. This was Dane making fried chicken (something we have discovered he is really good at!) last night at about 6:30. This one is with the camera flash off.
And this is with the flash on. You can see our candle and then he's holding a little flashlight and that's how you do it here in Zambia. It was out for a little over 2 hours last night but I guess the upside is that we get to have lots of candle-lit dinners here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment