By the way, for those of you who didn't know- we realized when booking our tickets to Africa that we were going to have a forced overnight layover in London on the way to Zambia. We got the idea from some friends to just extend that little layover so we checked and it wasn't going to change the price of our Africa tickets! Dane and I had the dream of going to Europe (and especially Italy) for a future anniversary (I said 5th, he said 20th lol) so we had started a fund when we first got married and would put any extra money into it that we got from things like Christmas and Dane's flight instructing plus a few extra work hours. With this and some airline miles we had on a credit card we were able to "extend" that one-night layover to ten nights and go to Italy and Spain! What a blessing.
Here are some pictures of our trip to Europe- I don't have any of Spain or London on here so I'll try to add later:
the leaning tower of Pisa in Italy- the best part about seeing this was watching everyone in the yard trying to get a picture looking like they were holding the tower up. Obviously I had to take a picture of all of them looking hilarious so I will try to upload it when I have more time! Joseph, I thought of you :)
Manarola, Italy (in Le Cinque Terre) Our favorite place and the village we stayed at for 4 nights!
I was slightly obsessed with all of the cool doors throughout Italy. I have LOTS of pictures of different doors. I'll have to make a collage or something!
We went kayaking in the Mediterranean Sea one day and realized once we were out on the water that our guide company had forgotten to give us life jackets- sorry parents! :/ We were fine though!
And then hiking along a Coastal Trail that had views like this one most of the way- our favorite activity from the whole trip!
This is what the actual trail looked like a lot of the way, lots and lots of stone steps but very pretty.
Most of the streets in Cinque Terre were narrow with pretty buildings like this on both sides
In Italy and Spain we definitely got gelato every day. Sometimes twice ;)
There were lots of cool, old watch towers from World War II so we climbed one and this is what it looked like inside
On top of the tower. Beautiful views
An AMAZING church in Sienna, Italy- we were shocked by the ridiculously intricate details on EVERYTHING including beautiful murals on the floors and cielings and the pillars outside.
A small area of the inside
We had the opportunity to go on a wine tasting tour to a vineyard in Tuscany- close to where we were staying in Sienna.
I would love to tell a lot more about our trip but Dane just figured out that our converters for my computer charger don't fit in the London plug ins at this hotel and my computer is about to die!! We have had a blast on this trip so far and are ready for the next part of our adventure to Africa. Wow, what a blessing this is.
It will be a few days before I can update again as we have a 10 hour flight tomorrow then a drive to the orphanage and will probably take a while to settle in. Thank you all for your prayers! We will update as soon as we can!
-Bailey
No comments:
Post a Comment